Have you checked out our first Lesbian Movie Club episode? We hope you enjoyed the stimulating discussion of "The Kids Are All Right." Now it is time for what will for sure be a very different kind of discussion: "Imagine Me and You."
We hope you all plan to write to us on this very popular and beloved movie. The new Vlog will be posted on Thursday, March 16th. The email deadline is Friday, March 10th, at 10am EST.
Here are some prompts to help get you started thinking about what you want to write. You can follow these one by one, or you can just use them to inspire your free thinking:
1. How did you like the chemistry between the two main actresses, Piper Perabo and Lena Headey?
2. Did you like the characters? Do you feel they were stereotypical in any way? Were they realistic or idealized (for example, Heck's reaction to his wife's romance)?
3. This movie was a true romantic comedy. Did you like that, or did you find it cliche?
4. The movie is about love at first sight. Do you believe in love at first sight?
5. The movie was written and directed by a man. Did you feel that that impacted the movie in any way? If so, how?
6. Rachel (Piper Perabo) falls in love with a woman for the first time. Did you like the way the movie dealt with her "coming out?" Did she even have a "coming out?" Is this a "coming out movie?"
7. What was the one thing you most liked about the movie, and what was the one thing you most disliked about the movie?
8. Do you have a personal story that relates to this movie? (about how it impacted you or how it related to your life experience, etc.).
9. And finally, is Number 9 really a wanker? ;)